How to track progress – The Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist
The Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC) is a great tool for clinicians and parents to evaluate treatments based on autistic symptoms. ATEC scores collected from thousands of families yield important clues to common treatments for ASD. In order to know where you are starting from you need clarity, so let’s get a baseline using these highly reputable tools that…..
- Shouldn’t be hidden away in a health professional filing cabinet
- Help you identify what you are really dealing with
- Help you understand where there may be underlying symptoms of health challenge which may have been previously overlooked
- Gives you back the control, by giving you a structure to help you communicate with others who are trying to support you.
Autism Research Institute has been collecting more than 26,000 parent surveys on common treatments. To see the Treatment Ratings for Autism by parents click here http://www.autism.com/index.php/treatment_ratings_asd
- The Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC) is an online survey that evaluates the severity of a child on the Autism Spectrum.
- On the website you will find both the electronic version as above or a print off and fill in PDF
- You can learn more about how to interpret the ATEC scores here.
- Recovery is considered a score less than 10.
Complete this survey for the person you are caring for and I recommend taking a screen shot of how you have answered the questions before you press submit.
Make a note of the score you get.
If you are a parent, I also recommend both you and your partner complete this survey too, and as strange as this may seem. It will help you to identify the difference between what might be an autistic related behaviour for which there may be an underlying health condition or whether there are behavioural traits inherited as part of the family genetics.
The score isn’t a ‘right or wrong’ or a ‘good or bad’, it’s about knowing where you are starting from and being able to communicate why you need to make a difference. This will be a really tool to help the journey of recovery.
Parents can use the ATEC multiple times a year. This can serve as a tool to measure and track progress year after year. It takes only minutes to fill out the online survey before you start a treatment, supplement, medication or therapy and then fill it out again after intervention is under way. Families then can share the results with your medical & therapeutic team.
To find out more about how we can help, download the FREE breakthrough kit